Tools needed to create Marble Nail ArtIn order to successfully apply this kind of nail art on your nails, you need to use the proper tools and learn series of specific skills. One bonus is that you don’t need any brushes, dotting tools, rhinestones or other embellishments, as the pattern is a statement in itself.
- Distilled or filtered room temperature water
- Colored Nail Polishes (at least two matching shades)
- Base Coat & Top Coat
- A brush for clean-up
- A bowl or a cup
- Scissors (to cut the tape)
- Basic manicure tools (file, scissors, cuticle remover & co.)
- Toothpicks & a needle (for cleaning up the extra polish from surface of water and for drawing the design )
- Q-tips, Cotton pads, Scotch tape & Vaseline (to keep the messy process to a minimum)
Water Marble Nails – a step by step techniqueBasically in order to water marble, you are going to drip drops of polish onto the surface of the water, draw a design in the polish, and dip your nail into the design so it sticks. Easier said than done, I know, but at least this gives you a general idea of the process itself.
- Protect the skin around your nails
- Prepare your instruments
- Creating your Marble Design
- Sticking to a pattern